Friday, September 14, 2007

The hoodies soon to end...

Well, it has been an incredible adventure in NZ. I have not been that into posting throughout the trip, but luckily Julya has...so check her blog (click her name on the right) for the pictures, and the silly stories of the places we've been. I can say for certain that I miss seasons, and that chilly feeling. Back to Samoa this afternoon. Pretty hysterical, we are leaving today but arrive in Samoa yesterday, strange...

Prior to coming to NZ, I was the tour guide for my parents, who came for 2 weeks. It was quite an educational experience for all...Mom learned how to weave a Samoan basket from one of my Samoan brothers, Dad learned how to spearfish. (Although it was Mom who caught the fish due to her incredible fishing skills and perfect technique!) They got to experience the real way to cook a pig, in the Samoan umu and watched Samoan dance, put on by the students at the school. We had a ton of laughs and I am sure they told you all about it!

Term 3 beginning on Monday. I am psyched to have a librarian for the school!!! and also a computer teacher!!! The school opening has been reset for the beginning of October as well and the school is looking good.

Love you all!!! Sally

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home