Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Pictures!!! Easier than trying to tell you in words...

How do we do this Lola??? Attempting to husk the coconuts...






Check out this huge fish my Samoan brother caught!



Scraping coconuts (one of my new favorite hobbies) with the professionals making sure I am doing it right...



Hanging out with my Samoan sisters




My Samoan brothers, posing for a picture, after finishing one of the craziest and greatest dances I have ever seen.







My happy, goofy Samoan family, except for the little one, who ran away during this picture.









I woke up one morning, went to brush my teeth, and this was going on right outside!! (Imagine walking outside to your backward and seeing a bunch of guys skinning a monster pig!) Two of my Samoan brothers and a Samoan uncle getting the pig ready for the umu...



Culture Day! Gutting fish! To think that I used to make Dad or Preston put the worm on the hook everytime we went fishing and take the fish off the hook if I caught one...


Our crazy brothers dancing in the fale. Our brother (the second to the end) decided to dress up in his wife's dress!

Kids playing with their creative toys...a stroller wheel attached to a stick

1 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Blogger Rosita said...

hi there sally..
wow coool you were in fasitootai..man thats my village! are you still there?? and what is the name of the family that you stayed with in fasitootai!..nice pictures..you look like you had heaps of fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home