Monday, December 31, 2007

Yeah the AUS pics work!

Us happy while watching Samoan songs and dances at Aggie Greys.

Aunt Mary and me feeding kangaroos in Austrailia, gosh I am spoiled.

Christy and I being giggly, giggly cousins! With our chocolate-covered bananas and stuffed penguins who had names, personalities, and lots of tri-lingual conversations. Ask my cousin for the stories, although we are probably the only 2 that thought we were funny. It is fun being 5.

Aunt Mary and Christy on the Sydney Harbor Bridge overlooking the opera house

Oops! What happened to the road?!

The gang from Austrailia except for one of the girls who was somewhere else. All the kids flew out today, including my little 6 year old sister. I said bye to her and lost it. Cried, cried, cried on the bus almost all the way to Apia. She will be living in Austrailia with her brothers and sisters. I will definitely miss her and her constant enthusiasm. We definitely had lots of great times together, coloring, playing with my hair, going to Manono...she is a very spunky 6 year old; it will definitely be different in the house the 2nd year.

Happy Christy with her coconut


One of my friends in the village climbing up a coconut tree to get coconuts for Aunt Mary and Christy. Check out how he wrapped the shirt around his leg. Not so impressive for anyone living in this country, as they learn right from birth, but very impressive of course for us!

Aunt Mary speaking to a Samoan cop....why? To inquire about what to do about her precious daughter's turtle bite

Being given a candy necklace by the mom of the student who I am teaching sign language to

Aunt Mary given the wonderful honor of giving out the year 8 prizes

I can't figure out how to switch the order of these, so just enjoy! Happy New Years everyone! I will be living it up for 2 days on a beach with a bunch of other volunteers. Hard life. Love you all! Love, Sally

3 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Blogger Julya said...

I would have giggled along with you and your cousin... being as how I am also 5. Miss ya girl.

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Hi.
My family and I are going to Samoa on holiday in April or May, and were wondering if there were any schools that we could bring stationery etcetera to.
If so, what could we bring?

We were originally planning to go to Fiji, and had found an charity who organized things like this, but then with the coup there we decided to come to Samoa instead, but have been unable to find a similar organization.

Thanks.

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Jess said...

Hi.
My family and I are going to Samoa on holiday in April or May, and were wondering if there were any schools that we could bring stationery etcetera to.
If so, what could we bring?

We were originally planning to go to Fiji, and had found an charity who organized things like this, but then with the coup there we decided to come to Samoa instead, but have been unable to find a similar organization.

Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home